From the career development and benefits we enjoy, to the values we share, there are lots of great reasons to join Wolseley UK. You can find out more about them further down this page.
Rewards and benefits
As well as a competitive salary, every Wolseley UK employee enjoys an impressive range of big company benefits.
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Employee Sharesave scheme
- Employee discounts and savings
- Childcare vouchers
- 1% flexible benefits fund which you can put into your pension, use to buy benefits or take as cash
- 'Your Choices' flexible benefits including options such as a healthcare cash plan, accident and critical illness insurance
Some roles come with additional benefits such as a company car (or allowance if eligible), management bonuses and private medical insurance too.
Beyond those, there's Sharing Success- our profit-share scheme for employees not eligible for management bonuses, special Loyalty Matters awards presented to long-serving employees, and Thanks for Making a Difference, our monthly awards where employees can nominate colleagues for going the extra mile.
At Wolseley UK, we're big on talent management and succession planning. As proven by our 2013 Personnel Today Award for Talent Management. Whether you're fresh out of school, looking for a new challenge or nearing retirement, we'll ensure that you're always learning something new.
Twice yearly reviews play an important part in that. But so do the regular, informal conversations managers have with each individual to help them set new goals and take full advantage of the various learning opportunities on offer. These include:
- Mandatory Online Health & Safety Training – with refresher courses for all employees every two years
- Other Health & Safety Training – including Forklift, Banksman and VNA (very narrow aisles) training
- Online Training Academy – our one-stop-shop for IT Training, Health & Safety, Product Knowledge, Legal, Business Support and Business Improvement
- The Management Academy – with courses focused on specific Wolseley UK initiatives and general management skills
- Apprenticeship Programme – designed specifically for those with the potential to become our branch managers of the future
- First Line Management Programme – a three-day programme for those who've started or are looking to move into their first management role
- Leadership Development Programmes – focused on our UK business, as well as our European and International operations
Our commitment to attracting the best talent from a range of backgrounds also includes actively supporting the British Forces Resettlement Services and working in partnership with Placeability providing placements for individuals with a disability or complex barriers to work.
What we stand for
Commercial success is obviously high on our agenda. But the truth is, we believe it's just as important to do things in a way that makes Wolseley UK a great place to work and a fantastic organisation to do business with. Our RESPECT values underpin that belief – you'll hear about them a lot if you come and work here.
Results – we deliver on our commitments with fairness, honesty and integrity
Empowered – we trust each other to get the job done
Standards – we work safely and don't cut corners
Pace – we move quickly and are open to new ways of working
Excellence – we strive to be the best and are proud of our company
Customers – we put customers at the heart of all we do
Teamwork – we support each other and are open and honest